Big picture - Why invest in WeedMD
To enrich the lives of patients through a cannabis-focused integrative medicine approach.
The Facility: The company operates a 26,000 sq. ft. facility located on 4 acres of land in Alymer, Ontario, and has an option to acquire neighboring land that would allow the company to expand to over 220,000 sq. ft of production space. Expansion of the building and construction of an extraction facility will begin in Q2 2017.
Leveraging an Unmatched Experience in Long-Term Care: WeedMD will leverage its deep industry relationships and 100 years of collective experience within the long-term care industry to become the first producer to focus on the long-term care and senior living market, a rapidly growing segment (4x the broader population) with frequent and regular consumption.
Near-Term Value-Generating Milestones and Catalysts: WeedMD has a number of value-generating licensing and business milestones in the near future that will significantly enhance the company's production capabilities, including:
- Sale license for dried cannabis is expected in early Q2 2017
- Going public and trading on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "WMD" beginning April 27, 2017
- Extracts production license expected in the summer of 2017, once WeedMD has built out its extracts lab
- Expanding to 220,000 sq. ft. (from 26,000 sq. ft.) to be completed in the summer of 2017
The Medical Cannabis Market Opportunity: Currently at a run-rate of ~$300MM in annual sales, the Canadian medical cannabis market is expected to grow to $1.4B-$3.0B in annual sales by 2024, a 25%+ CAGR. Furthermore, the Canadian federal government recently tabled legislation that would legalize recreational cannabis sales with the expectation of sales beginning mid-2018. The legal recreational market could hit $5B-$10B at the retail level by 2024.
WeedMD's management team is comprised of highly focused professionals with diverse backgrounds, and has over 100 years of collective experience in public, senior management and ownership roles in the long-term care industry.
Michael Kraft – Chairman
- 25 years experience in sales & marketing, business & corporate development and finance
- Founder of Buckingham Group Limited, a privately-owned merchant bank providing capital formation strategy and financing to private and public emerging growth companies
Bruce Scully – Chief Executive Officer
- 22 years senior management experience in the Long-Term Care industry for both the private and public companies
- Led 15 large company Government regulated start-ups
- Expert in management and Government Relations
Keith Merker – Chief Financial Officer
- 15 years as a Finance Professional, holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation
- Extensive experience working with emerging growth public and private companies in corporate finance, accounting and operations
Dr. Luc C. Duchesne – Chief Scientific Officer
- PhD in Plant Biochemistry, 85 peer-reviewed publications
- 30 years experience with production and commercialization of natural products